Who We Are
The Music Imbizo is a fast growing international music business conference and exhibition that is hosted annually in Durban, South Africa.
2018 will be the tenth edition of The Music Imbizo hosted at the Moses Mabhida Stadium. The conference was founded by Siphephelo Mbhele and Sibusiso Tsewu in 2009 and has grown to be a very important platform for the music industry in the continent.
Over the years, it has hosted legendary figures like Prof. Joseph Shabalala (Ladysmith Black Mambazo – South Africa),Monte Malone (SNR Vice President – MUSEXPO, USA), Jess White (Azgo Festival – Mozambique), Nothando Migogo (CEO – CAPASSO), Karabo Motijoane (General Manager – Sheer Publishing) , Sibongile Khumalo (Musician – South Africa) to Seymour Stein (Vice President: Warner Bros, USA) and many others.
Brands, organisations and corporates include SAMRO (South Africa), NASCAM (Namibia), Botswana International Music Conference (Botswana), Phonofile (Norway), Music Ally (UK), Music Indaba (USA) and many others.
Objectives of The Music Imbizo
- Platform for cultural and business exchange in the continent.
- Network the music industry on business matters and guide new entrepreneurs into the music industry.
- Showcase the high quality of skills and services on offer within the continent, from music production to event planning.
- Develop and export talent from the continent.
- Encourage inter continental travel and collaborations.
- Build a common understanding on issues that affect the music industry in the continent.
- Establish a platform for the industry to interact with government, corporates and the media.
- Establish a platform for big corporates to do business with the music industry.
- Expose the government stakeholders to national and international opportunities.
- To provide business-to-business networking and mentorship.
- To provide music industry wide music business research.
- Assist in creating a sustaining music industry in the continent, that is run by knowledgeable entrepreneurs.